A beautiful collaboration between the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) and the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Tourism of Romania brings this year in Bucharest an international conference at the end of June 2016. The “International Conference on Integrated Quality Management in Tourism Destinations: A Key to Competitivness” will take place on 23 -24 June, 2016.
The United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) is the United Nations agency responsible for the promotion of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism. Its main role is to promote and develop sustainable tourism so as to contribute to economic development, international understanding, peace, prosperity and universal respect for, and observance of, human rights and fundamental freedoms for all, without distinction as to race, sex, language or religion.
The summit has 3 big objective:
- To provide a comprehensive understanding of the integrated quality management in tourism destinations,
- To explore an interdisciplinary platform on how to launch and implement “destination quality systems” with the involvement of all the stakeholders,
- To exchange experience and expertise among different types of destinations on how to build the culture of quality, define quality indicators, launch customer surveys and develop the necessary tools for monitoring.
The targeted participants for this conference are:
- National Tourism Administrations/Organizations
- UNWTO Affiliate Members
- Local authorities, municipalities and international and/ or regional associations/networks of local authorities
- Convention Bureaus
- Travel trade representatives
- Public authorities/institutions in charge of quality
- Academic institutions, scientists and experts related to destination management and/or qualitys
- Regions representatives.